Create Button items by using CLO and Marvelous Designer software.
Required & Recommended
- The button file format must be *btn.
- The position and rotation of the mesh should be set as 0, and the size should be set to 1.
- All mesh must be created in Y-axis (up) based environment.
- The mesh’s normal direction should be facing outwards.
- The point where the OBJ button will be anchored to the garment must be placed at the origin (0,0,0)).
- When making an OBJ button, the unit of the production environment should be set to mm.
- The top side of the button should be made in the positive Y-axis direction.
- Mesh and texture must be matched.
- In the Description, the following information of the product must be provided.
(1) DEFAULT SIZE (X, Y, Z; unit: mm) and WEIGHT (unit: g) of BUTTON. (Refer to Property Editor in CLO)
(2) UV MAP unwrapping status
- If you make a Thread button, Additional Cross THREAD TYPE is required.
- If you make a Thread button, Mesh needs to be renamed as REN_BUTTON, REN_THREAD.
- Button OBJs should be made with less than 10,000 triangles, so there is no speed problem in CLO software simulation.
- UVs should be unwrapped so that they do not overlap so that customers can use a variety of textures.
- In the case of a button with a thread, the thread mesh must be named as Ren_Thread to separate the button and thread from the CLO software Material. (To create BTN file by THREAD TYPE for reference)
- If mesh and the normal map have the same location and direction, it may cause overlapping and flickering issues during rendering. Be careful not to overlap the mesh.
- If the over two vertices on the same place, please weld them as one.
- For the complex graphic pattern, please use the Normal map. (e.g., logo and pattern)
- It is recommended to use textures with a maximum size of 512 pixels.
- The scanned OBJ is compatible, but the mesh should be remeshed and editable.
- It is recommended to add a wire to express the sharp edge.
- For stable simulation, make sure the size of the product is not too big or too small.
1. Converting BTN format in CLO software : Only CLO-formatted files can be uploaded to CONNECT. All buttons must be saved as BTN format in CLO software.
To save as BTN format, you need to have OBJ files. If you have a different format other than OBJ, export as an OBJ format file from other 3D MODELING software.
1-1. Open CLO
1-2. Move to the Button Tab and select the button tab from the Object Brower.
1-3. BTo register BUTTON, click the ‘register’ button next to the Shape menu in PROPERTY EDITOR.
1-4. Enter registration information
- Name. Enter Product name
- OBJ. Click the ‘Open’ button and load OBJ files to register
- Thumbnail. Register the front image of the BUTTON.
For Thumbnail, select the transparent background and PNG file that has a 1:1 ratio.
If the BUTTON has a shank underneath, register a side view image of the BUTTON.
1-5. Click the ‘OK’ button
2. How to modify and save BTN file format
2-1. Modify the materials of BUTTON : You can change the material and properties of BTN in the Property Editor.
- Name. The Name of BTN can be changed.
- Dimension & Weight. In the Dimension & Weight section, the size, thickness, and weight of the BUTTON can be changed.
- Material. In the Material section, the material, color, and texture of the BUTTON can be changed.
2-2. In the PROPERTY EDITOR, save by clicking on the SAVE button.
To create BTN file by THREAD TYPE
- CLO SOFTWARE has a feature to edit the THREAD shown on the outside when fixing the button
- The mesh name consisting of the button must be REN_BUTTON and REN_THREAD.
- CROSS, PARALLEL, SQUARE are three THREAD TYPEs that can be created. The Thread type feature can be used only when all three types of files are existing: Cross, Parallel, and Square.
- For button files that do not use the Thread Type feature, _Cross, _Parallel, and _Square cannot be used in the OBJ file name.
1-1. The mesh name consisting of the button must be REN_BUTTON and REN_THREAD.
- BLUE COLOR -> REN_BUTTON
- RED COLOR -> REN_THREAD
1-2. Create OBJ for each THREAD TYPE with the MESH name above.
The name of the OBJ file for each THREAD TYPE must be set to *_Cross.obj, *_Parallel.obj ,and *_Square.obj.
1-3. Create the BTN file with the generated OBJ file.
1-4. Save created *_Cross.btn, *_Parallel.btn , *_Square.btn files to C:\Users\Public\Documents\CLO\Assets\Materials\Hardware_and_Trims\Button & Buttonhole\Button.
1-5. Open CLO software. Then change the button type to ‘Shape - Thread Type’ in the Property Editor of BUTTON before using it.