Create TRIM items by using CLO and Marvelous Designer software.
Required & Recommended
Following below are the requirements and recommendations when modeling a Trim.
- The trim file format must be *trm.
- The position and rotation of the mesh should be set as 0, and the size should be set to 1.
- When making an OBJ trim, the unit of the production environment should be set to mm.
- All mesh must be created in Y-axis (up) based environment.
- The mesh’s normal direction must be facing outwards.
- TRIM must be located at the origin (0,0,0).
- Mesh and Texture must match.
- In the Description, the following information of the product must be provided.
(1) DEFAULT SIZE (X, Y, Z; unit: mm) and WEIGHT (unit: g) of TRIM. (Refer to Property Editor in CLO)
(2) UV MAP unwrapping status
- It is recommended to apply the same material to the part using the same material.
- UVs should be unwrapped so that they do not overlap so that customers can use a variety of textures.
- If mesh and the normal map have the same location and direction, it may cause overlapping and flickering issues during rendering. Be careful not to overlap the mesh.
- If the over two vertices on the same place, please weld them as one.
- For the complex graphic pattern, please use the Normal map. (e.g., logo and pattern)
- It is recommended to use textures with a maximum size of 1024 pixels.
- The scanned OBJ is compatible, but the mesh should be remeshed and editable.
- It is recommended to add a wire to express the sharp edge.
- For stable simulation, make sure the size of the product is not too big or too small.
1. Converting TRM format in CLO software: :Only CLO-formatted files can be uploaded to CONNECT.
All trims other than BUTTONS, ZIPPERS, SEQUINS are saved as TRM format in CLO software.
To save as TRM format, you need to have OBJ files. If you have a different format other than OBJ, export as an OBJ format file from other 3D MODELING software.
1-1. Open CLO
1-2. Open Pattern: To save as .trm format, you need to have a pattern in CLO software.
Double-click the GARMENT folder on the right side of the LIBRARY. Then double-click any of the .zpac files at the bottom.
1-3. Import OBJ as TRIM TYPE
From the main menu, click FILE ▶ IMPORT ▶ OBJ ▶ Select a file and click OPEN
▶Object Type ▶ Trim Scale ▶ After setting the value as when you work with different tools, then click OK
2. How to modify and save TRIM format
2-1. Modify the materials of TRIM: Select the IMPORTED TRIM file, and then you can change the material and properties of TRIM in the Property Editor.
- In the Specification section, the size and weight of the TRIM can be changed.
- In the Material(Selected) section, you can load a texture or choose the material of TRIM (e.g., Metal, Plastic, Gem)
2-2. Rotate TRIM so that it can be well-seen from the front: If you press the number 2 on the keyboard in CLO, you can see the front view.
When viewed from the front, if the TRIM is lying down, rotate it so you can see it well.
※ Note: To easily rotate the TRIM, right-click in the 3D viewer background ▶ Gizmo ▶ Select Local Coordinate. Press the number 4 or 6 on the keyboard to see the front side, click TRIM and hold down the SHIFT and rotate vertically.
2-3. Save as TRM
For V6.1, From the main menu, click FILE ▶ SAVE AS ▶ TRIM
For V6.2, Select the location to save, and enter the product name to sell, and click SAVE.