Create Garment content using CLO and Marvelous Designer software.
Required & Recommended
When creating and uploading a Garment file, please follow the rules below.
- The garment file format must be *zprj, *zpac.
- The garment should be simulated on your avatar (including hangers).
- The file should exclude avatars when you upload an item in Garment Category.
- The sewing lines should not be twisted.
- Collision issue between layers should be resolved, if you are designing a layered garment.
- It is not possible to delete/add/replace the Trim and Fabric files after Publish.
- It is not possible to delete/add/replace the original garment files after Publish, for garment using original garment files.
- The majority of the components should consist of 2D patterns produced by pattern making in CLO or Marvelous Designer software.
- The 2D pattern should have reasonable particle distance. The recommended particle distance value is 5 to 20.
- 2D patterns should be arranged as neatly as possible in the center. Avoid overlapping patterns in the 2D Pattern window.
- 2D patterns that are the same pieces(e.g. Jackets, Pants, etc.) should be close to each other and should be easily recognized as one piece.
- The unnecessary notches and baselines inside the 2D pattern should be deleted before Publish.
- The garment should have Fitting Suit information for compatibility with the Auto Fitting function.
- The garment should be saved after deactivating Strengthen, Freeze feature.
- You have to save the garment after simulating it in the A pose or the T pose.
- A collision between trims should be resolved if trim category items (e.g., Buttons, Zippers, Hardware, Fasteners, Notions) are added to the garment.
1. Loading Avatar
- Use the default avatar from the software.
Library ▶ Avatar
- Use customized Avatar from the software.
Main Menu ▶File ▶ Open ▶ Avatar
- CLO Software Users
CLO's default avatar is wearing a Fitting Suit. Fitting Suit is a device that helps the CLO's Auto Grading function to work. If both avatars have Fitting Suit information when wearing the same 3D costume to different size avatars, they can be draped to the appropriate size for each avatar without any special pattern modification.
If the outfit uploaded by Seller is a ZPAC file using the CLO default avatar, the Auto Grading feature makes it easier for buyers to use 3D costumes.
- Marvelous Designer Software Users
The Marvelous Designer default avatar is also wearing a Fitting Suit. You can also add Fitting Suit information to your avatar if you are using the Marvelous Designer software version 10 or higher. Please refer to the link for detailed instructions.
2.Creating Patterns / Sewing / Simulation
- Create patterns using the pattern generation tool from the 2D window.
- Sew patterns created by using the sewing tool from the 3D or 2D window.
- When sewing is completed, press the simulation button to simulate the costume on the avatar.
For smooth operation speed, we recommend working at the default value of 20.
When submitting the final costume file, make sure that the particle spacing is set as a reasonable value. By default, 5 is recommended, and 3 is recommended if the pattern is small.
When creating a costume with multiple layers, it must collide between layers.
You can set the order of layers by setting the layer value from the simulation properties pane.
It is recommended to change the value to zero after the simulation is complete.
3. Setting up textures
From the Properties Editor, you can add/modify textures that are used for garments.
4. Saving Files
Save the garment file according to the specified file format.
Main Menu ▶ File ▶ Save as Garment
If you save it through the above path, the only garment except the avatar is automatically saved. In this case, the file extension is saved as zpac.
Main Menu ▶ File ▶ Save as project
If you save it through the above path, the garment including the avatar is saved. Therefore, you must delete the avatar manually and save the garment file only. In this case, the file extension is saved as .zprj.
※Note: Only Zpac or Zprj files can be uploaded in the Garment category.
5. Creating Render Image
Allows all 3D Window screenshots or images rendered by other software.