※ Please check the requirements and recommendations for the To stopper modeling below.
- The stopper(zipper) file format must be *zsp or *zsl.
- Stopper should be created as OBJ file format.
- When registering the zipper file, it will be all created in size #3. Please create the stopper file(OBJ) in size #3. (#3 refers to the zipper size of approximately 3 mm wide zipper teeth when closed.)
- The mesh’s normal direction must be facing outwards.
- Create two separate OBJ files for top stoppers, as shown below.
- Align the MESH position according to the purpose of each axis.
Place the point where the zipper tape touches each stopper on the X-axis of 0.
The top of the zipper tape and where they touch should be placed on the Y-axis of 0.
Place the face of the zipper teeth of a slider on the Z-axis of 0.
- In the Description, the following information of the product must be provided.
(1) Vertex Counts
(2) UV MAP unwrapping status
- The stopper should be created in a Y-axis (up) based environment, and the unit of the production environment should be set to mm.
- If mesh and the normal map have the same location and direction, it may cause overlapping and flickering issues during rendering.
- If the over two vertices on the same place, please weld them as one.
- For the complex graphic pattern, please use the Normal map. (e.g., logo and pattern)
- It is recommended to use textures with a maximum size of 1024 pixels.
- The scanned OBJ is compatible, but the mesh should be re-meshed and editable.
- It is recommended to add a wire to express the sharp edge.
- One material can be applied to the stopper file. But using texture allows for expressing various materials. Therefore, UVs should be unwrapped so that they do not overlap, and textures can be used to express colors or materials.
- From the Front View, the Top Stopper should be placed on the (-) Y axis area.
- From the Top View, the origin of the X-axis is where zipper teeth are closed. Therefore, the OBJ of each Top Stopper should be created slightly stick out from the origin of the X-axis.
<Top stopper mesh Location on Grid>
[Slider File Registration]
1. Open CLO S/W
2. Register OBJ from the Main Menu > Material > Zipper > Register OBJ
▶ Type: Stopper
Select Top / Bottom(Open) / Bottom(Closed).
▶ Name: Type in the name of the file to be created.
▶Scale: Select the preset scale, when creating OBJ. (The default scale is in mm)
▶ Axis Conversion: Use the preset Axis, when creating OBJ.
▶File: Import the OBJ file to be registered.
Place the Imported Stopper from the top of the two OBJs in the part where the zipper was first created.
▶Preview: Check the imported Stopper file in advance.
▶OK/Cancel: When the file registration is done, click OK to finish the file creation.
The created file is saved in each object folder as Assets > Materials > Hardware_and_Trims > Zipper