※ Please check the requirements and recommendations for the Slider modeling below.
- The slider(zipper) file format must be *zsd or *zsl.
- Slider should be created as OBJ file format.
- When registering the zipper file, it will be all created in size #3. Please create the slider file(OBJ) in size #3. (#3 refers to the zipper size of approximately 3 mm wide zipper teeth when closed.)
- The mesh’s normal direction must be facing outwards.
- Align the MESH position according to the purpose of each axis. (If the position of the axis is not aligned, OBJ might not be created in the right place when creating a zipper.)
Place the point where the zipper tape touches the slider on the X-axis of 0.
Slider’s moving direction is on Y-axis. The point where the zipper closes and where it touches should be placed on the Y-axis of 0.
Place the face of the zipper tape of a slider on the Z-axis of 0.
- In the Description, the following information of the product must be provided.
(1) Vertex Counts
(2) UV MAP unwrapping status
The slider should be created in Y-axis (up) based environment and the unit of the production environment should be set to mm.
If mesh and the normal map have the same location and direction, it may cause overlapping and flickering issues during rendering.
If the over two vertices on the same place, please weld them as one.
For the complex graphic pattern, please use the Normal map. (e.g., logo and pattern)
It is recommended to use textures with a maximum size of 1024 pixels.
The scanned OBJ is compatible, but the mesh should be re-meshed and editable.
It is recommended to add a wire to express the sharp edge.
One material can be applied to the slider file. But using texture allows for expressing various materials. Therefore, UVs should be unwrapped so that they do not overlap, and textures can be used to express colors or materials.
Therefore, UVs should be unwrapped so that they do not overlap and customers can use a variety of textures.
<Slider Mesh Location on Grid>
[Slider File Registration]
1. Open CLO S/W
2. Register OBJ from the Main Menu > Material > Zipper > Register OBJ
▶ Type: Slider
▶ Name: Type in the name of the file to be created.
▶Scale: Select the preset scale when creating OBJ. (The default scale is in mm)
▶ Axis Conversion: Use the preset Axis when creating OBJ.
▶File: Import the OBJ file to be registered.
Check the imported Slider file in advance.
* Puller shown in the Preview viewer is a sample that shows the position where Puller is on the Slider.
Adjust the slider to place the right position where the puller is located on the slider
▶OK/Cancel: When the file registration is done, click OK to finish the file creation.
The created file is saved in each object folder as Assets > Materials > Hardware_and_Trims > Zipper